Tuesday 22 March 2016

MARSH TIT AND MORE AT STANTON PARK

An unexpected day off and a sunny morning and I popped down to Stanton park with the aim of enticing those jays down! 
It was busy at the bird table, with plenty of blue tits, great tits, long tailed tits and coal tits visiting, together with a pair of nuthatches, several robins, dunnock and male chaffinch.  But no jay. I did spot it high in the trees though but it didn't come closer. 
As I got up to leave, a marsh tit flew past straight to the bird table and I was able to get a nice  shot of it eating its nut on a branch close by. 
Spring is definitely in the air with sheep and lambs and jackdaws nest building. 
coal tit

singing robin

nuthatch

dunnock

marsh tit
sheep and lambs

jackdaw nest building in tree hole

No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...