Saturday 19 November 2016

STANTON PARK AGAIN

I paid a return visit to Stanton park in the hope that I could get some more pictures of the Marsh Tit, as I am now wondering if it might actually be a Willow tit (thank you Paul).  
Although I sat around for at least an hour, it didn't appear, which surprised me as it has usually appeared fairly soon after food has been put out. Having said  that, the feeding stations had already had seed on them so maybe it had been and gone! I will try and make another return visit in the near future 

However, I did have some opportunities for a few photographs, notably of a nuthatch which seemed to 'freeze', hanging over the edge of the bird table for several minutes! Not sure why, maybe it saw something I didn't!  

Birds seen in and around the feeders today:
robin, dunnock, chaffinch, wren, tree creeper, nuthatch, coal tit, blue tit, great tit. ( and a couple of grey squirrels)




nuthatch 'frozen' over the edge of the bird table

tree creeper

great tit

coal tit

blue tit




No comments:

Post a Comment

SLIMBRIDGE SUMMER

  I finally caught a glimpse of the white spotted bluethroat at Slimbridge today, it was only a distant sighting but at least a tick for the...