Monday 5 December 2016

JAY AT STANTON PARK

I had time to drop by at Stanton park on my way home from shopping this afternoon, I had bought a fresh supply of seeds and peanuts so decided to see what I could tempt to the bird table. 

Being later than usual there wasn't the usual flurry of activity, but visitors to the bird table included blue tits, great tits, coal tit, nuthatch, robin, dunnock, and blackbird. After half an hour I could make out the jay in the trees round about, but although it came near enough to photograph, it was very wary of my presence I think so didn't come right down. I thought about crouching behind the bench but it was very cold and wet so decided against that this time.
jay


robin

nuthatch

blackbird

dunnock

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLIMBRIDGE SUMMER

  I finally caught a glimpse of the white spotted bluethroat at Slimbridge today, it was only a distant sighting but at least a tick for the...