Tuesday 12 December 2017

SNOW!

I had somewhat of a surprise when I woke up on Sunday morning to find over three inches of snow had fallen overnight! It continued to snow lightly all day and by the end of the day the snow was 4 1/2 inches  deep.

With the snow still lying several inches deep, the birds have been making good use of my new feeding station whilst a fieldfare visited the orchard area where some apples were still poking through the snow.
house sparrow

wood pigeon

fieldfare




After a day off work on Monday  due to the road conditions,this mroning, we had a later start to the school day (10am) so with brilliant sunshine and blue skies I stopped in a couple of gateways to get some photos of some obliging pheasants which made a splash of colour in the white snow. En route I also noticed the bright pink of some bullfinches in the hedgerows but with icy roads it wasn't prudent to stop for photos even if they had remained! 







No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...