Saturday 13 April 2019

FARMOOR WAGTAILS

On the way home  from Cambridgeshire on Saturday morning, I  decided to stop off at Farmoor Reservoir to look for yellow wagtails and little gulls, both recently recorded there. It was sunny but  with a cool breeze as  I crossed the causeway but having not seen either species  I  walked down towards the Pinkhill hide. Looking right along the path, I noticed a group of half a dozen birders with lenses trained on a spot the otherside of a gate. Apparenlty a little bunting had been spotted 20 minutes earlier but although I waited a while it didn't reappear. 

I crossed back along the causeway to see if the yellow wagtails had returned (they had been seen there earlier) and found two bright yellow males which were obligingly close. After spending some time photographing them I spoke to someone who pointed out  a little gull, very distant across the other side of the reservoir, but obviously smaller than the other gulls flying alongside it. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...