Saturday 27 March 2021

A COUPLE OF GARDEN VISITORS


 




During the past couple of weeks there have been some less common visitors to my garden feeding station. 

A great spotted woodpecker was a pleasing sight, although seen from time to time, these are not exactly regular so it is always nice to see them. This particular individual spent some time feeding from the sunflower hearts before trying out the suet block feeder. 

A week later  a glance out of the window gave me a surprise when I noticed a smart male pheasant pecking about under the feeders. It made a couple of tours of the garden amongst the spring daffodils before returning to the feeders and the flying up onto the roof of the neighbour's shed and then down into their garden - I hope they enjoyed watching it as much as I did! 


















No comments:

Post a Comment

SLIMBRIDGE SUMMER

  I finally caught a glimpse of the white spotted bluethroat at Slimbridge today, it was only a distant sighting but at least a tick for the...