Wednesday 23 December 2015

Lower Moor Farm and Blakehill reserves

A lovely day for visiting a couple reserves in the Cotswold Water park today.  I packed up some sandwiches and made my way to Lower Moor Farm. From Hide 1 I saw cormorants, blue tits, great tits, dunnock, bullfinches, wren, robin, chaffinches and reed bunting. From Hide 2 I saw a kingfisher at a distance. There had been some otters around earlier and while I was in the hide someone pointed out one over at the other bank, but I missed it as I was looking at the bird feeding station!  A few photos from Lower Moor farm are below.
wren

dunnock

bluetit

bullfinch

female chaffinch




reed bunting

robin


reed bunting

kingfisher zoomed in!

general view of lake


From Lower Moor Farm I made my way to Blakehill Nature Reserve to  see if I could spot the short eared owls that are hunting there at this time of year, With the aid of some other bird spotters, I managed to locate  at least one at a distance,
distant view of short eared owl hunting

No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...