Friday 26 February 2016

COTSWOLD WATER PARK

An extra afternoon off gave me the opportunity to visit the water park today, a bit cloudy and not that warm but worth a visit, I thought.  Having been told where to park, I found Pit 30, and spotted the pair of Smew in the distance. As I approached, they took off and landed the other side of the lake; when I caught up with them they quickly swam off round a corner and I couldn't find them, but at least I had identified them through binoculars so could tick them off for this year.  Also saw a pair of red crested pochards, tufted ducks, mallards, great crested grebes doing a courtship display.
great crested grebes
On  to Lower Moor Farm where from the first hide, on the bird feeders,  were plenty of bluetits and great tits, male and female reed buntings, male and female bullfinches, dunnock, robin and nuthatch. From the second hide, I saw a pair of goosanders, herons nest building and long tailed tits. 
fluffed up bluetit

great tit

pair of bullfinches

dunnock

grey heron

nuthatch

reed bunting (f)

reed bunting (m)

robin

goosander (m)

goosander (f)



 blue tit and catkins



No comments:

Post a Comment

SLIMBRIDGE SUMMER

  I finally caught a glimpse of the white spotted bluethroat at Slimbridge today, it was only a distant sighting but at least a tick for the...