Wednesday 20 April 2016

DUCKLINGS AT STANTON PARK

I've spent a lovely sunny afternoon strolling round Stanton Park and nearby Stratton Wood.
At Stratton Wood I noticed 2 Great spotted woodpeckers, chiffchaff,  blackcap  as well as Peacock, Brimstone, and Small Tortoiseshell butterflies. 
Then on to Stanton Park, where I saw Brimstones, Peacock and an Orange -tip butterfly. I sat by the lake under the trees for a while and was pleasantly surprised to see a female mallard and a brood of 4 duckings emerge from the edge of the reeds, from there I also had some nice views of blackcaps and chiffchaffs singing. 

blackcap singing

chiffchaff

peacock butterfly

mallard and one of her brood of 4 ducklings

No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...