Tuesday 5 April 2016

FARMOOR RESERVOIR

As it was a nice day I drove over to Farmoor reservoir with the hope of seeing the red-necked grebe and possibly some yellow wagtails. As I started walking round the smaller of the two reservoirs, the great northern divers were pointed out to me; I had seen them last year but it was worth trying for some better photos. I spoke to a couple who had just been watching a pair of yellow wagtails but they had been frightened off and unfortunately didn't reappear for me. Eventually I located the red necked grebe, which was attracting several photographers.  
Species seen during my visit: great northern divers, red necked  grebe, great crested grebe, mallard, tufted duck, pied wagtail, heron, house martins, cormorant, greylag geese, meadow pipit, wheatear. 
great northern diver

meadow pipit

pied wagtail

red necked grebe

greylag goose

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLIMBRIDGE SUMMER

  I finally caught a glimpse of the white spotted bluethroat at Slimbridge today, it was only a distant sighting but at least a tick for the...