Friday 9 June 2017

A TAP AT THE WINDOW...

I was sitting at the table this morning when I a heard a bang on the window and  looked up in time to see a bird with pink and grey feathers fly off. A few seconds later a female bullfinch appeared,  and standing on the window sill  outside, started tapping  on the window, folllowed by her mate which perched on an empty flower pot stand nearby. they didn't stay long but it's not often I see these birds at such close quarters, and it was a lovely sight. 

The recently fledged family of blue tits are still hanging around the feeders. 



male bullfunch just outside my window

bullfinch pair at the window

juvenile bluetits


family at the feeder

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLIMBRIDGE SUMMER

  I finally caught a glimpse of the white spotted bluethroat at Slimbridge today, it was only a distant sighting but at least a tick for the...