Tuesday 16 January 2018

STANTON PARK WOODLAND

Only a short visit to Stanton Park this afternoon to get some fresh air before it rained, but worthwhile as I added jay and tree creeper to my year list.  

I put out some bird seed and peanuts on the feeding tray which soon attracted the usual species; dunnock, robins, blue tit, great tit, coal tit, marsh tit, nuthatch and blackbirds. I spotted a tree creeper moving quickly up a nearby tree, and as I hoped, a  couple of jays were soon attracted by the peanuts but stayed high in the branches.  With a bit more time, (and peanuts) I think they might have ventured down. However, they were in competition with three squirrels who were keen to get their share first. 

Next time I think I will need a greater supply of peanuts to allow enough for both jays and squirrels! 
benches around the feeder

blackbird

marsh tit

jay

squirrel waiting to get on the feeder

robin

nuthatch

tree creeper moving faster than my camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLIMBRIDGE SUMMER

  I finally caught a glimpse of the white spotted bluethroat at Slimbridge today, it was only a distant sighting but at least a tick for the...