Tuesday 26 March 2019

MARCH SLIMBRIDGE VISIT

A beautiful March afternoon for my monthly visit to WWT Slimbridge. The Bewicks are gone, but still a flock of white fronted goose remains. Chiffchaffs were singing and a couple of coots were already nesting. A marsh harrier was also seen.

I managed to log the usual 40 or so birds although disappointed not to find the mediterranean gulls or the couple of gargeney present at the weekend.  I took my first Brimstone photo of the year and also ticked off  my first Peacock butterfly of the season. 



avocets, increased numbers on site today


barnacle geese

Members of the noisy blackheaded gull colony on the Rushy Pen


Male brimstone butterfly



black tailed godwits preening or resting

nesting coot

shoveler pair


singing wren






No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...