Wednesday 20 March 2019

COTSW0LD WATER PARK

I've not entered anything on this blog for what seems like ages.. almost a month in fact. To be honest the weather has been not ideal for birding, and although I've been about a bit, there has been little of special interest and photography has been poor.
Today I spent a short time in the Cotswold Water Park, visiting a fairly new gravel pit where there have been one or two interesting sightings lately. I was told that much of the birding would need be using a 'scope, but I did manage to find some teal and mallards, a cormorant and two little ringed plovers which have returned for the season. As it was difficult to keep my camera still for photos at a distance, I resorted to a short video. 



View of pit 200



great spotted woodpecker seen from the path to the pit, a green woodpecker also heard but not seen 



No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...