Thursday 24 June 2021

MORE BUTTERFLIES ON THE WING

 I paid a visit to Ravensroost woods this afternoon in cloudy weather; in the meadows I saw plenty of  meadow brown butterflies and a few large skippers. A largish dragonfly was flying around for a bit but not near enough to identify. I followed the track down to the ponds but the only butterfly seen was a speckled wood. Wating to turn onto the A419 I noticed a marbled white butterfly fluttering amongst the vegetation on the  verge. So that was three  new species for the year, although  being common species, I am sure they will occur regularly in my walks over the coming months. 



large skipper

large skipper

meadow brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...