Saturday 30 January 2016

FINCH CORNER AND STANTON PARK

I paid an early visit to 'finch corner'  this morning. Several bramblings, greenfinches, chaffinches blue tits great tits to be seen, also a pheasant. But sadly no yellowhammers or tree sparrows showed for me. 
brambling

greenfinch

chaffinch

Afterwards I went on to Stanton Park.  I put out some seed and later someone  ( a warden?) put out a whole lot more, including apples and fat balls. 

I was rewarded with visits to the bird feeder by a two nuthatches, coal tits, blue tits, chaffinches, great tits, robins and blackbird. No jay appeared for me though. 
nuthatch


blue tit

coal tit
a few snowdrops at Stanton Park

No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...