Monday 20 June 2016

IN MY GARDEN...

It's been a while since I wrote here, it has not been the weather for butterflies recently, and I have had  my usual afternoon's off last week on a school camping residential trip! 
Today is the longest day, but it started it off with downpours all morning, however, it cleared up late afternoon so  I took a few photos in the garden.
Some bumble bees have taken over the nestbox on the side of the  summerhouse!

spillages from the bird feeders are soon demolished by woodpigeon and dunnock

while the robin is going to and fro from the bird feeder to a nest in the hedge I think

I noticed elderflowers in my hedge recently, but not quite  enough
flower heads to make cordial with. I got some from Stanton Park for that and
 have bottled some today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...