Friday 10 June 2016

STANTON PARK

This is yesterday's visit after work for half an hour; I wanted to check whether the mute swans had hatched their eggs. I eventually saw the pair on the water together, but could not see any cygnets with them. Predated? Didn't hatch? Or may be just tucked in at the edge of the reeds, I will need to make a return visit to find out, I think. 

Saw a couple of butterflies, peacock and speckled wood, and was watched by a wary rabbit and squirrel. 
peacock buttefly


rabbit watching me before making a dash for the  undergrowth


speckled wood

squirrel

No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...