Monday 6 June 2016

MORGANS HILL... MARSH FRITILLARY

A very warm afternoon for a trip out,  I  visited a couple of Wiltshire Wildlife Reserves to look for butterflies. I was surprised that there weren't many about really, although I found marsh fritillary at Morgan's Hill which took a fancy to my shoe! My first large skipper and meadow brown of the year too.
Species seen were:
large white, green veined white, brimstone, large skipper, meadow brown, speckled wood, dingy skipper, common blue, small heath, Six-spot Burnet moth.
common blue

dingy skipper

speckled wood

view from Morgans Hill

marsh fritillary - a little faded


which took a liking for my shoe!
path along top of Morgans Hill where butterflies seen


No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...