Wednesday 7 September 2016

COATE -GREY WAGTAIL

A dry afternoon so I spent a couple of hours at Coate water. Nothing much happening at Hide 1 so I ventured along to Hide 2. Unlike my last visit there were only two others there, but again not much action, until right at the end of my visit, the arrival of a grey wagtail gave some photo opportunities. 

Birds seen from Hide 2 included little egret, mallard, mute swan, canada goose, wren, grey wagtail, gadwall, tufted duck, shoveler, kingfisher ( flew past three times), black headed gull.  A number of speckled wood butterflies and a few whites also noticed. 

A few of my photos of the grey wagtail are included below. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

SLIMBRIDGE SUMMER

  I finally caught a glimpse of the white spotted bluethroat at Slimbridge today, it was only a distant sighting but at least a tick for the...