Thursday 20 October 2016

GREAT WHITE EGRET AT LECHLADE

 I checked my emails later this afternoon, and read that there was a great white egret on one of the nature reserve lakes on the edge of Lechlade. As I am due to go away early tomorrow morning, I made the decision to go down straight away, and see if I could locate it.

As I approached the bench overlooking the lake, I spotted it with some blackheaded gulls, visible through the trees next to the path, but unfortunately it spotted me too and flew up and landed on the other side of the lake. It still gave good views though, but was a bit flighty and flew off and landed again several times, eventually flying south  from the lake, possibly landing somewhere in another part of the reserve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...