Wednesday 15 March 2017

STAYING LOCAL

Pentylands Country park, Highworth is very close to home, but is somewhere I rarely seem to visit.  It consists of five fields  with paths crossing them, but today I stuck to the perimeter, hoping to see a few  early butterflies.  At least half a dozen Brimstones were fluttering along the hedgerows, though none landed; however, I had more success with several small tortoiseshells and commas. 

On the bird front, I noted goldfinches, bluetits, great tits, dunnock, house sparrows, wood pigeon, magpie and a female bullfinch. 

comma

small tortoiseshell ( with part of hindwing missing)

looking back towards the entrance to Pentylands.



No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...