Saturday 9 September 2017

LOWER MOOR FARM AND BACK HOME

Spent the first part of today's sunny morning at Lower Moor Farm Reserve. At the first hide I put out some bird food on the feeding table, and saw blue tits, great tits, dunnock, robin, and a mallard. Underneath a rat was foraging for any spillages.  On the lake I saw moorhens, heron, canada geese, mute swans and more mallards. 

blue tit amongst the many blackberries that were ripening
a tranquil lake at Lower Moor Farm



As I left the reserve I noticed this kestrel perched on the wire on the other side of the road, but too distant for a really clear shot. 

As expected, the sunshine brought out the butterflies to feast on the ivy flowers in the hedge at home.

comma 

red admiral looking pristine amongst the ivy flowers

Most of the ivy flowers are towards the top of the hedge, hence this photo against the blue sky


two of the eight red admirals on the hedge today

speckled wood sunning itself



No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...