Tuesday 20 February 2018

STONECHAT BUT NO PENDULUINE TIT

I had been meaning to revisit the pond at Plock Court , near Gloucester where the penduline tit has been present for nearly two months.  Having finally got around to going, on arrival at the site, I  was going through the gate as a few others were returning with rather glum faces... the bird in question had not been seen since 7.30 am!

I decided to wait around for a bit but decided the chance of seeing it were slim; others had clearly been waiting for several hours or more, having come from other parts of the country.  In the end I had to make do with a stonechat which has also been frequenting the area and which was rather more obliging. 

If it does reappear I will try and make another attempt...

 A few  photos of the stonechat are below.




No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...