Wednesday 28 February 2018

WINTER THRUSHES AT STONECOTE

Well the  weather has certainly been cold, but it has brought additional  birds into my garden. For the past few months I have had one fieldfare regularly visiting the orchard part of my garden feeding on fallen apples. Now they are finished I have been putting out some apples from my uneaten stores, and just in time, as yesterday I had two fieldfares and just now I looked out the window and was somewhat stunned to see around a whole flock of them (20+)   together with at least one redwing and some blackbirds all attracted by the apples. 
a flock of 20+ fieldfares in my garden this aftenoon

fieldfare and redwing
fieldfare with apple



fieldfares

No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...