Wednesday 29 January 2020

A LITTLE LOCAL BIRDING




I visited Stanton Country Park today, thankful to see l that the huge potholes along the entrance track, had been filled in. 

There are two spots I favour for photographing woodland birds here, both near bird tables, but the first location already was already occupied by a photographer so after staying a few minutes, I went over to another area, where there are a few benches in a semi circle facing a bird table. Someone had already set up a  half log with some ivy on one of these benches and put some bird seed on it. It was already attracting a variety of small birds, including five species of tit, chaffinch, dunnock, robin and nuthatch so I sat and watched for a while, but then decided to move the half log on to the top of the bird table where there was some more light for any photos I wanted to take.   Behind me, up in the trees I noticed my first jay of the year, although it wasn't quite brave enough to come down for the peanuts I had put out while I was sitting there. Maybe it did later on. 


dunnock



robin

nuthatch


chaffinch (m)

marsh tit

coal tit
jay

looking skyward from my seat


No comments:

Post a Comment

SLIMBRIDGE SUMMER

  I finally caught a glimpse of the white spotted bluethroat at Slimbridge today, it was only a distant sighting but at least a tick for the...