Wednesday 22 January 2020

GARDEN VISITOR






I had recently refilled the bird feeders  and was watching them, when the sudden appearance of a larger bird caught my eye,  a male sparrow hawk!  It sat on the top of the feeding station for a few seconds before descending to the grass, just allowing a few photos through the glass before taking off again. It reappeared about an hour later when it was becoming dusk. Neither time did it catch anything though, but it obviously knows where the feeders are now :(  Would make a nice addition to my Big Garden Birdwatch this weekend though!





No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...