Saturday 7 March 2020

A LITTLE RESPITE












With only one thing dominating the news at the moment I felt the need for a little respite, so after spending the  quite mild and fairly sunny morning trimming my lawn edges  and  then hanging  out the washing, I ventured out to my local country park for a walk in the woods.

It proved to be a bit of tit fest as hardly had I taken a few steps away after putting out some bird food on some upturned logs, a blue tit was quick to take advantage, followed by great tits, and a coal tit  Long tailed tits were in the trees and also visited the bird table close by. Chaffinches, a robin and a dunnock were also present, oh and not forgetting a couple of nuthatches too. Then I heard a large movement in the trees behind, and saw a buzzard perched there. Not a bird I've seen regularly in the woods at Stanton. 


nuthatch





robin




wren preening



long tailed tit



No comments:

Post a Comment

SLIMBRIDGE SUMMER

  I finally caught a glimpse of the white spotted bluethroat at Slimbridge today, it was only a distant sighting but at least a tick for the...