Monday 9 August 2021

BUTTERFLY GARDEN

 Despite the changeable and sometimes quite windy weather, I have noticed a few more  species, visiting my buddleia and also some of the flowers in my newly created   'butterfly flower bed' . On the buddleia I have had large white, peacock and red admiral  and I have also seen brimstone, holly blue, small white, meadow browns and gatekeeper elsewhere in the garden. I have been especially pleased to see more butterflies on my butterfly attracting plants -  scabious, dahlia and lavender. 

I have also seen blue damselflies, as well as a common darter  and today a southern hawker dragonfly settled long enough on the ivy on  my hedge to allow some close viewing especially by my grandson. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

SLIMBRIDGE SUMMER

  I finally caught a glimpse of the white spotted bluethroat at Slimbridge today, it was only a distant sighting but at least a tick for the...