Monday 15 November 2021

FARMOOR

 It was very still and peaceful at Farmoor this afternoon. 

I walked the length of the causeway where there were good numbers of coots on the water with great crested grebes amongst them. There was a little egret preening on one of the rafts at the far end, with several little grebes in that area too .Sadly, the great northern diver reported over the weekend had gone and I couldn't see the female scaup among the tufted ducks that I saw. 

 I made my way down to the Shrike Meadow hide but that was quiet apart from some  tits on the feeders so I then went on to the  Pinkhill Meadow hide. The feeders were busy here, including a reed bunting but my hopes of seeing a water rail feeding beneath them did not materialise. 

Walking back over the causeway, I thought the silhouetted birds and boats against the late afternoon sky made some nice photos. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...