Friday 19 August 2016

KYNANCE - THE LIZARD

I've just returned from an enjoyable week's holiday in Cornwall.  Whilst there I had the chance to make the beautiful  coastal walk from Kynance Cove to the Lizard point, a distance of 2.5 miles which took me an hour each way.  The weather was cloudy and fairly breezy and I didn't really hope for any butterflies but was pleasantly surprised to spot a couple of common blues then, to my delight, a couple of wall browns. I hadn't seen any of those for ages, although I must admit they were something I had hoped to find on this particular stretch of coast if it had been better weather.
This is a stretch of coastline I would certainly want to revisit on a sunny day another time. 

I also spotted a couple of young linnets, greater black backed gulls, and had some close ups of a stonechat.
part of the coastline Kynance to the Lizard

  

common blue butterfly


wallbrown

stonechat


During a visit to the Eden project I spotted a juvenile robin waiting for crumbs at the cafe,  and a juvenile blackbird hiding in the bushes.

juvenile blackbird 

juvenile robin 


No comments:

Post a Comment

SLIMBRIDGE SUMMER

  I finally caught a glimpse of the white spotted bluethroat at Slimbridge today, it was only a distant sighting but at least a tick for the...