Wednesday 31 August 2016

FARMOOR RESERVOIR

I headed over to Farmoor reservoir where there have been both black and red necked grebes in recent days. The forecast (I thought!) was for sun during the afternoon, but on arrival it soon started to spit with rain, although still fairly warm. Having started to cross the causeway which divides F1 and F2 of the reservoir, I decided to carry on and hope the rain didn't become too heavy,  I was wearing my waterproof so wasn't too worried, but obviously any photos I took wouldn't be so good. 

Walking around F2 (the larger of the two reservoirs) I saw all three wagtails, albeit yellow too distant to photograph, good numbers of coot ( one with a juvenile), black headed gull, greater black backed gull, great crested grebe, mallard, swan, dunlin, grey lag goose, red necked grebe ( but no black necked one) . 
black headed gull

grey wagtail



greylag goose

red necked grebe

juvenile coot

cormorant

the long causeway between F1 and F2

No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...