Monday 1 August 2016

CHERHILL

I went here on Saturday early afternoon, it had been sunny but clouded over a bit when I arrived, which probably accounts for the lack of butterflies, especially any blues. There were gatekeepers, meadow browns, small skippers, ringlet, red admirals, and I thought I saw a couple of dark green fritillaries in flight, also a small yellowish butterfly which I could not identify. However, when I spoke to another couple, they said they also thought they had seen two dark green fritallaries and a wall butterfly in flight, which makes me think that I may have seen them too. 
the white horse at Cherhill

steep path to the top of the downs


ringlet

yellow hammer in full voice

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLIMBRIDGE SUMMER

  I finally caught a glimpse of the white spotted bluethroat at Slimbridge today, it was only a distant sighting but at least a tick for the...