Wednesday 5 April 2017

SNAKESHEAD FRITILLARIES

Making the most of the fine weather, I made the short trip over to Cricklade to see the snakeshead fritillaries covering North Meadow reserve at this time of year.  It's popular with visitors, including a party of primary school children which arrived at the same time as I did. 

As well as the lovely display of flowers, birds noted were heron, reed bunting and a skylark; butterflies seen included brimstone, small tortoiseshell and peacock. 

I then paid a quick visit to Blakehill reserve where there were plenty of skylarks singing,  several high above me, and I even managed to spot a few amongst the grass.
snakes head fritillaries




marsh marigolds

small tortoiseshell



No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...