Wednesday 3 May 2017

Coate water

A quick stroll around part of the lake at Coate water to see if the turnstone was still present- it wasn't!  However there were the usual geese and some goslings, a young heron, and various swans on nests, also gadwalls, tufted ducks, mallards and grebes. 

I also witnessed a young child fall off one of the fishing platforms into the water - I knew his parents were around but couldn't see them at the time, and wasn't sure if they had heard or seen the splash!  However, the child managed to turn round and grab the edge and his dad was there in a few seconds after the child called out. It was quite a walk from where I stood watching on the bridge, but thankfully I didn't have to undertake a dramatic rescue! I spoke to the dad afterwards who said that the little boy who was four, had been going to swimming lessons where they are taught to turn round and grab the side which obviously was a lesson well learnt, even if he didn't do as his dad said by going onto the platform in the first place!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...