Wednesday 3 May 2017

FARMOOR

There had been some interesting reports of waders present in the morning, so I made my way over to Farmoor reservoir on a dull, cold and rather breezy afternoon. 

The only wader I found was a common sandpiper, but there were loads of swifts sweeping low over the water and my head, as well as white, yellow and pied wagtails, greylag family, also common terns and black terns.  I did locate a kestrel nest box which hopefully should provide some interesting views on  a later date hopefully. 

Birds seen around the reservoir. 
greylag goose, pied wagtail, white wagtail, yellow wagtail, cormorant, blackheaded gull, great crested grebe, mallard, common tern, black tern, common sandpiper, swift, swallow, sand martin, coot. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

SLIMBRIDGE SUMMER

  I finally caught a glimpse of the white spotted bluethroat at Slimbridge today, it was only a distant sighting but at least a tick for the...