Thursday 21 June 2018

MEADOW BUTTERFLIES

On the longest day of the year I headed over to Ravensroost Wood and nearby Somerford Common for a couple of hours this afternoon. 

I was on the look out for White Admirals which have already been seen elsewhere, but not yet at Ravensroost, but I didn't see any either!

However, over both sites I visited, I was able to find Marbled whites, large numbers of meadow browns and good numbers of large skippers too. At Somerford Common I also found a ringlet,  and common blue and at Ravensroost a speckled wood and small heath.
large skipper

common blue

marbled white

ringlet

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLIMBRIDGE SUMMER

  I finally caught a glimpse of the white spotted bluethroat at Slimbridge today, it was only a distant sighting but at least a tick for the...