Monday 10 September 2018

WWT SLIMBRIDGE

It was a dry and fairly warm afternoon a for further visit to Slimbridge, my aim being to see a spotted redshank to add to my year list.

With the holidays over it was fairly quiet as far as visitors were concerned, but still plenty of birds around. 

I clocked up 32 species in the two and a half hours I was there, highlights being green sandpiper, yellow wagtail, sparrow hawk, and on the South lake, not one,  but three spotted redshanks!   That brings my year total to 142, can I get to 150 by the end of the year.....? 

ruff

spotted red shanks
pied wagtail

green sandpiper


greylag geese avoiding wet feet!

the flamingo chicks are growing!

umm....

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLIMBRIDGE SUMMER

  I finally caught a glimpse of the white spotted bluethroat at Slimbridge today, it was only a distant sighting but at least a tick for the...