Wednesday 15 June 2022

COLN COUNTRY PARK DRAGONFLIES

 It was a hot day today so I decided to stay fairly local and visited a small country park just outside Fairford. It consists of a circular walk around a sailing lake but nothing else of note, although I noticed today there were signs saying that a visitor centre was being built. I've yet to discover if this is for the country park or something else. 

It was calm on the water, I could see some small flocks of greylag and canada geese in the distance and had fleeting glimpses of a couple of reed buntings and reed warblers .

There were numerous blue damselflies, and  a couple of dragonflies; a male black tailed skimmer and my first emperor dragonfly of the year, which conveniently perched on a nearby reed for a short period to enable a photo. On the butterfly front, I saw a red admiral, small tortoiseshell and a large skipper. 


black tailed skimmer

emperor dragonfly


No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...