Monday 25 July 2016

THE COOMBES WALK

Quite a nice tally of butterflies from the Coombes walk at Hinton parva, just a short distance from home, despite not seeing the ones I was looking for! The half way point  of my walk along the valley floor was barred by a herd of cows, so I made a steep climb up the side of the valley and returned alongside the top hedge. There were the usual marbled whites, meadow browns, small skippers, gatekeepers, also a bright yellow brimstone, a couple of small tortoiseshells, red admirals, large and small whites, green veined white and a comma. 
brimstone

red admiral

small white

comma

small tortoiseshell

barred by some cows!

looking down on the valley floor at The Coombes, Hinton Parva


No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...