Wednesday 16 August 2017

ANOTHER VISIT TO THE CANAL

I was passing Junction 16 of the M4 so decided to stop off and revisit the canal at Royal Wootton Bassett to check out the water voles again as it seems that you are almost sure of seeing them each visit. 

There was a canal clearance working party around so I thought perhaps they would be disturbed today, but apparently they carry on their lives oblivious to what it going on, so  I headed for the area I saw them last week.  After waiting around and seeing nothing, I walked on  under the bridge for a while, and then turning back I suddenly noticed this little brown head sticking out of the water... it looked like a juvenile vole...


 but it sat happily munching leaves for at least five minutes as I watched from the opposite side of the bank, before swimming back under the reeds at  the edge. Nice to have the opportunity for some different photos though, as it seems most people seem to only get them whilst swimming. 

2 comments:

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...