Wednesday 2 August 2017

CLEY MARSHES NWT

I had a morning free to  visit Cley Marshes which is owned by the Norfolk Wildlife Trust. It was grey  morning, but quite warm and  occasions when the sun tried to come through. 

I walked  up to a hide along the East Bank and got chatting to a gentleman there, who allowed me to look through his telescope ( I must investigate purchasing one!) . Various waders flocks had arranged themselves in neat lines which made an attractive pattern to the viewer. 
The kind gentleman pointed out sandwich terns and a turnstone so I can add them to my year list. Also from this hide were seen avocets, curlew, black tailed godwits, lapwing, cormorant.
I walked back around to the other three attractive thatched roof hides and noted ruff, redshank, greylag and canada geese as well as shelduck.



No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...