Tuesday 29 August 2017

COATE WATER

I've not visited Coate water bird hides for a while now, so I paid a visit over lunchtime today. 
The first hide was empty of people, so I enjoyed watching the birds on and around the feeders. These included nuthatch, great tits, long tailed tits, blue tits, robin, wren, tree creeper, chaffinch, dunnock, There was also a visiting rat.

long tailed tit
blue tit

great tit

nuthatch

wren

tree creeper

I then went on to see what was about at hide 2; in contrast this was full of people all anxious to take shots of kingfishers which had been seen recently. Although they had all been waiting hours, I think only one had been seen, and although I sat in the hide for a short time, nothing else of particular interest was about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLIMBRIDGE SUMMER

  I finally caught a glimpse of the white spotted bluethroat at Slimbridge today, it was only a distant sighting but at least a tick for the...