Friday 28 February 2020

BARN OWL


I've not been out birding lately but as I had to return to school for an after school club today I thought I would  firstly drive round to a spot nearby where a parent had told me a couple of barn owls are regularly seen perched on fence posts next to the road. It seems that many people have recorded seeing barn owls hunting during the day recently; it appears that the weather may be having an effect.

It was  half past two as I approached, and almost immediately, I could see the pale colour of an owl as it flew low above a grassy paddock next to a house; I stopped the car to watch, and the owl turned and flew towards me and landed on a post right adjacent to where I was parked! Quickly lowering the window, I got out my camera to take a few shots before it flew off again, landing a few posts further back. As it had seemed quite undisturbed by the car's presence, I ventured to reverse a little back down the narrow country road, stopping again by the owl.  After a few minutes it flew off again and perched further away, but as I had to get back to school, I had to leave. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...