Friday 17 April 2020

HOLLY BLUE




Slightly cloudier and cooler for my walk yesterday, hence    the only butterflies seen were two   whites which were not close enough to identify. However, the sun came out again in the evening and I managed to locate a holly blue on the ivy in my garden, I have   been noticing  these little butterflies regularly for the past week, but they have been reluctant to land, merely flying from one side of the garden to the other, then up and over the hedge. This individual stayed around for several minutes in the evening sunshine, allowing me to get up close with the camera on my phone. The dark wing sshow this one to be a female. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...