Wednesday 15 April 2020

MORE BUTTERFLIES EMERGING



A late morning walk round part of the golf course today, and I was pleased to see    some speckled wood butterflies, five to be precise, presumably they must have emerged since yesterday when I saw none. I also managed to find a female orange tip, and another new species, a small white. albeit with part of its wingtip already  missing! 

Blackcaps singing again along with chiffchaffs and other species. Just caught sight of a couple of red legged partridges which I disturbed on the golf course and which flew off quickly over the hedge. 

just sufficient view of underwing to confirm this is a female orange tip

female orange tip

small white


blackcap

black cap from below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

SLIMBRIDGE SUMMER

  I finally caught a glimpse of the white spotted bluethroat at Slimbridge today, it was only a distant sighting but at least a tick for the...