Friday 3 April 2020

BUTTERFLIES ON THE GOLF COURSE



Today's walk out on the golf course brought me sightings of  all four of the common butterflies I expect to see at this time of year. And amazingly I even managed to get photos of them! Peacocks seem to be most common (three or four seen) while my first comma of the year and an obliging brimstone were in close proximity to each other, although it did mean a quick leap across a narrow ditch of water to get close enough!  As I walked back home,  a tatty small tortoiseshell flew past and landed not too from where I was.

Brimstone
comma

peacock

small tortoiseshell
A narrow ditch runs through the grassy area  (you can just make it out)  so I had to cross that to get to the butterflies which were resting  on the dried grass stalks under the blackthorn bush at the rear.



No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...