Tuesday 14 April 2020

LOCKDOWN CONTINUES...


With the continuation of 'lockdown' I again ventured out onto the Highworth golf course, after a cold start, it was gradually warming up and I was hopeful of increasing my tally of species found there so far. 

I soon spotted my first butterfly,  a white one, which eventually settled and proved to be my first green veined white of the year. I also found  a couple of small tortoiseshells and peacocks and some orange tips, one of which settled on a daisy long enough for me to get a photo, which was pleasing as they are not a species which you can often photgraph. 

Bird life was much the same, but with the addition of a couple of song thrushes and a few blackcaps singing... spring is definitely here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...