Monday 31 July 2017

RSPB Titchwell marsh

On the way to Norfolk for my family  holiday I stopped off at the RSPB Titchwell marsh reserve. It was a beautiful sunny morning with a fresh breeze.

I followed the main path towards the beach, visiting the hides on the way.  There were huge flocks of avocets here with a very obliging individual foraging for food just in front of the hide for a while.  I also saw more spoonbills, and what I was told was a spotted redshank, which was standing one leg with its back to us. It was a pleasant walk onto the beach, but there wasn't much in the way of birdlife there today.
I enjoyed lunch from the cafe outside near the bird feeders, watched by a tame juvenile robin.
Bird seen today included:
reed bunting, reed warbler, ruff, avocet, spotted redshank, dunlin, lapwing, spoonbill, little egret as well as other common species.


Avocet


No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...