Saturday 24 March 2018

LOWER MOOR

A grey day but I decided to drive over to Lower Moor Farm for a short walk. At the hide there were already a couple of ladies with zoom lenses targeting the feeders but while one of them went to stretch her legs I made the most of the opportunity take some of my own pictures at the window. 

The usual birds were around; male and female reed buntings, lots of blue and great tits, male and female bullfinches, dunnock, robin and chaffinch. Mallards, greylags and canada geese on the lakes.


bullfinch f

 bullfinch m

chaffinch m

great tit
reed  bunting

 I then left for a walk round to the second hide, here all was quiet, a few long tailed tits on the opposite bank of the lake, then suddenly a grey heron flew directly towards the hide, saw me and did a 180 degree turn mid-air and flew back along the edge of the lake out of sight. 



grey heron about to land...
..then turned and flew off

Back home, the blackcap is still frequenting the feeders, together with the usual house sparrows, blue and great tits and goldfinches. 

face to face! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

AUTUMN MORNING IN THE CWP AND A NEW PERSONAL RECORD

 There was a definite chill to the air this morning when I visited the Cotswold Water Park. In particular I was looking for whinchats at Bla...